All entrants must read, sign and submit this form prior to entering the race. If an entrant is under the age of 18 years, a parent or guardian must sign on their behalf. Failure to comply with the Conditions of Entry and Rules or with directions of race marshalls on the day may result in an entrant being personally liable for any injury or damage they cause.
All entrants accept that billy cart racing has the potential to cause personal injury and/or damage and enter at their own risk. Entrants also accept that they are responsible for the safe handling, design and build of their Billy Cart regardless of any inspections or clearances by race marshalls.
- All entrants must have their indemnity form completed and submitted 10 days prior to the event.
- Entrants are to present themselves dressed in safety clothing with their Billy Carts to the Race Marshals prior to the race to confirm compliance with the rules detailed in this document.
- The minimum age of drivers is to be 8 years at the time of the race. By signing the indemnity form parents and guardians confirm that this requirement has been met. Drivers under that age may be permitted to participate subject to the determination of the RaceMarshalls.
- All judges’ decisions will be final, with no correspondence entered into
- The Chief Marshall reserves the right to rearrange or cancel events
- ALL vehicles must meet Vehicle Guidelines
- ALL vehicles must pass the scrutineers process
- Everyone MUST have fun
- The following rules apply to the start and conduct of each individual race:
a. All Billy Carts will commence from a standing start with no outside assistance;
b. Billy Carts must proceed under their own weight;
c. Billy Carts must have fixed seating. Drivers must remain seated during the race;
d. Participants are prohibited from deliberately crashing their Billy Cart in to other participants or Billy Carts. Any Billy Carts that crash will be disqualified. At the discretion of organisers any Billy Cart crashed into may receive another run, time permitting.